WHERE SPORTS FAILURE IS NOTHING NEW

Quote of the Week


"If you come to a fork in the road, take it."
-Yogi Berra

May 13, 2010

Lebron, I apologize....

So, lately I have gotten into a bad habit of doing some things like ESPN and just ripping Lebron when things aren't ALWAYS his fault. I feel like an apology to him is necessary...




Dear Lebron "The Prince" James,



I am sorry for blaming you for everything that goes wrong with your team. After watching you actually try in tonight's game, I realized you aren't good enough to win by yourself, and I don't think you are ever going to be Michael Jordan, but I do still think you are one physical specimen that is freakishly beastly. IF I recall correctly though, and that is a capitalized IF, did you only have one dunk tonight? Like over 5 hours ago now, on your first possession? That is disappointing with how much of a spark you can give your team with a huge one, and how much you can quiet any crowd with something impressive. One thing I did enjoy watching during this series was Shaq continually getting the ball in the post and everrrr soooo slowlyyyyy back down his defender only to miss a shot. Did your front office actually think Shaq would be a big enough difference maker to get you a ring? The only thing he was able to accomplish was to slow down your team and take away touches from other players. Some things you can't control is how poorly your teammates play and how out coached your team gets when it gets to a series where coaching actually makes a difference. Between this year and last you have been out coached by a Van Gundy and a Doctor....at least this year the coach who beat you doesn't have the most annoying voice God could create. Even after posting a triple double tonight, and every triple double is impressive, you still disappointed me. Seriously, would it have been that hard to turn the ball over at least once more and complete the quadruple double? That would have been the ultimate way to cap off your season as the MVP. But hey, we shouldn't talk about you so much because you didn't really lose the series, the Boston Celtics won it. They were the better team throughout the six games and their depth is beyond belief. Plus, who can complain about watching a passionate and energetic Kevin Garnett do work? He is magical, and that turnaround fadeaway jumper he has is a work of art. Congratulations on another MVP and for shaking hands with Boston after the game tonight. I know it was a hard step to take for you.

Yours truly,

Aaron "The Real Deal" Haugen

P.S Pictures like this are why I love twitter

P.S.S Even though I may post at some point, on the topic of free agency for those select NBA stars who may find themselves in a new home in a couple months, I really don't care about talking about it 24/7 like ESPN will. I probably won't care until July 8th when contracts are available to be signed. Therefore, Deadliest Catch is on right now and I am more than happy with this decision

No comments:

Post a Comment