WHERE SPORTS FAILURE IS NOTHING NEW

Quote of the Week


"If you come to a fork in the road, take it."
-Yogi Berra

Feb 8, 2011

Hey! Who is this guy?!

Hello everyone... Long time, no post, eh? That "eh" was a shout out to all of my Canadian peers here at Valley City State University in case you didn't catch it. It is weird that there are so many Canadians here. Way more than were at UND actually. Maybe they were offended from the Fighting Sioux nickname or something, never know I guess. Anyways, the funny thing is, they hardly ever say "eh" unless they are pretty drunk. Kind of an interesting little tidbit about our friends from the North.

What do ya'll think of the Timberwolves trade rumors that are going around right now? I don't think there is any way the 3 team trade gets done as it is rumored to be right now. The Wolves would want more compensation for their 1st round pick, and the Nuggets are also going to want more for Carmelo Anthony.

Since the NFL season is now officially over (congrats to the Packers) we can finally look towards the MLB season. I already saw Skip Bayless post on his twitter account that his early pick to win the American League will be our Minnesota Twins. I am excited for the season. With our lack of postseason success lately, I am going to find it hard for me to pick the Twins to get to the World Series, but I will be watching every game possible and of course hope they are that successful.

Two final things, both about the Super Bowl from Sunday night. I honestly didn't care who won the game, just as long as it was a good and competitive game. In a way I got my wish because the score was close, but it really wasn't that exciting of a game for a neutral fan until the 4th quarter. Overall, the commercials were kind of a disappointment too. There were a couple good ones here and there but I thought they were down compared to years past. I'll be sure to put my good word in for next year's game to improve the game and commercials, for the sake of all of us, if they have a game next year.

2 comments: